Elite Athlete Club
This Scheme aims to give recognition to all sports persons from Lisburn and Castlereagh who have attained representative level or are National Champions in their chosen sport. Such sports stars will, on application, be admitted to the Elite Athlete Club and will be permitted to use on an individual basis certain leisure facilities owned and managed by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council on a complimentary basis in recognition of their achievements.
- Sports persons must reside in the LIsburn & Castlereagh.
- Sports persons must be involved in an amateur sport that is recognised by the Sports Council for Northern Ireland.
- Sports persons must have attained representative level within the preceding 12 months.
- Sports persons must have represented either Ireland, Ulster, or if their particular sport is administered and organised on a six county basis, Northern Ireland. Representation on a Great Britain Team is also acceptable. If National teams are not selected in particular sports, then individuals who have attained national champion status will also be considered.
- Consideration will be given to sports persons who have represented their country at either schools, junior or senior levels.
- Sports persons who are receiving Lottery funding through the Development of Talented Individuals Programme or the Goldcard Scheme are not eligible to apply.
- Chairman's Remarks
- Financial Assistance
- Sports Bursaries
- Lisburn and Castlereagh Sports Personality of the Year
- Monthly Awards
- Clubmark NI
- Community Sports Development
- Elite Athlete Club
- Every Body Active 2020
- Irish Football Association Grassroots Development Centre
- Summer Sports Programme
- After Schools Clubs
- Customer Service Excellence